5 Benefits of a Sliding Door for Cool Shield Aisle Containment
The Cool Shield aisle containment system is comprised of hundreds of separate components each individually designed to help you get the most out of an efficient cooling infrastructure. At the heart of Cool Shield aisle containment is the Cool Shield channel, which can be configured in a myriad of ways thanks to its combination of threaded and slotted sides. When you choose this type of aisle containment you have the option of hinged or sliding doors. The sliding door option is highly functional and has many great advantages.
- The single sliding door system has a gravity based self-closing mechanism designed to help prevent air leakage. The door can also be placed in hold in a fully open position allowing you all the room you need to bring in additional equipment to the aisles.
- The door frames are made from tubular steel. This means that they are very strong and durable. They can also be powder-coated in a color to match server cabinet side panel
- Each door frame surrounds a generous clear insert to provide light and visibility into the aisle. Standard inserts are UL94 rated but are also available in FM Global 4910 rating
- Panels are available to suit your individual budget and fire-rating requirements.
- For larger cabinets, an optional extension header is available. Doors can be secured to either the floor or adjacent server cabinet. Doors can also be connected to overhead supports.
Since 2002 the team at Data Center Resources has been using their data center experience and knowledge to provide the latest technical infrastructure solutions. Our team is committed to helping you keep your data center secure and up to date. Call us today to find out how we can help you optimize the efficiency of your data center.
(Updated on: Nov 25, 2019 @ 6:40 pm)