- Single or double hinged, self-closing doors
- Two Panels overlap in the same slide-channel. When top panel is released it will slide down to bottom
- 1” flexible gasket provides seal between aisle containment panels and server cabinets.
- Fusible link or magnetic release holds up top panel.
- Adjustable sized panels fill gaps between aisle containment and shorter cabinets.
- Standard self-closing sliding door. Door opening 84” x 38”. ADA compliant.
- Full-height barrier panels fill gaps in cabinet rows to prevent air leakage.
- Headers can be attached to our standard sliding or hinged doors to extend to the height of the cabinets and/or upper aisle containment.
- The Cool Shield channel can frame several types of clear or opaque panels.
- Overlapping strip doors can attach directly to ceiling panel framing.
- Electromagnets are wired to a junction box. This junction box can go to fire control panel relay or daisy chain to other junction box.
- Electromagnet holds two light-weight clear aisle containment panels at the seam.
- Full-length hinges allow panels to swing down into aisle upon release allowing gas or water based suppression to enter the aisle.
- Magnets, wires and junction box feature industry standard 4-pin connectors for simple installation.
- Strips to fill gaps caused by shorter cabinets can be easily cut and attached to lower frame.
- The Cool Shield channel creates a frame around the aisle containment area to affix strips at both top and bottom to prevent air leakage.
- Cool Shield strips have an ASTM E84 Class 1 rating which exceeds data center standards set by NFPA 75.
- Aisle entry Strip Doors attach to lower framework. 12” wide strips have 3” overlap to maintain air seal.
- Double-hinged doors are self-closing to minimize air loss. Clear aisle containment panels can be UL94 or FM Global rated.
- Thermally activated ceiling panels melt away and harmlessly fall to ground prior to fire suppression release.
- The Cool Shield channel frames a ceiling at the height of the tallest cabinet. Fixed or adjustable panels extend to tops of shorter cabinets.
- The ceiling frame can be attached to cabinet or suspended from above by attaching to ceiling, strut, rod or beams.
- Self-closing sliding door sized to fully cover server cabinet side panels.
- Fixed solid panels sized from tallest potential cabinet height to ceiling.
- 1” gasket attached to top channel to creates seal to ceiling and allows for tolerance in floor or ceiling level
- Removable strip hangers sized to cabinet width are attached to lower channel.
- Full-height overlapping strip wall maintains aisle containment integrity until cabinets are deployed.
Aisle Containment Solutions for Data Centers
Our versatile Cool Shield aisle containment system is an industry leading solution to allow both new and existing data centers to maximize their cooling efficiency.
Cool Shield aisle containment solutions provide customers with a versatile turnkey product in new or existing data centers. Our data center aisle containment solution ranges from a single row in an existing server room to entire data halls in new facilities. We are experts in aisle containment products and accessories. We offer professional installation, construction project management and retrofit aisle containment design.
Cool Shield Hot Cold Aisle Containment Solutions
Industry leading Cool Shield hot and cold aisle containment solutions protect critical data centers by preventing supply and exhaust air from mixing in hot or cold aisle applications.
Hot aisle and cold aisle containment refer to the layout design for server racks and other computing equipment in a data center. Data Center Managers can maintain ideal server operating temperatures efficiently by separating the cold airflow (cold aisle containment) going to the equipment from the hot exhaust air (hot aisle containment) coming from hot equipment. By creating this separation, a Data Center Manager maintains equipment temperature that is uniform and predictable, preventing the likelihood of equipment and data loss.
In a typical data center, significant expense is committed to providing the energy required to maintain acceptable (safe) intake temperatures for data center equipment. A recent study shows that data centers without an effective aisle containment solution result in more than 50 percent of energy consumption. Hot aisle and cold aisle containment efficiency enables Data Center Managers to experience significant reductions in data center energy costs.Get a Quote
Cool Shield Aisle Containment Systems
The industry leading Cool Shield Aisle Containment System is a data center solution designed to be versatile, efficient, functional and cost effective. At the heart of it lies our proprietary aluminum channel. When using our channel, Data Center Managers have the flexibility to request aisle containment solutions of nearly any configuration in new or existing data centers.
The Cool Shield Aisle Containment System supports design and installation of custom aisle containment solutions for any data center. Our system provides a nearly complete seal of aisle containment channels. Cool Shield Aisle Containment Systems effectively prevent the mixing of data center supply and exhaust air. The results are improved data center efficiency.Get a Quote
Cool Shield Data Center Manager Software
Proprietary Cool Shield Data Center Manager Software is a containment-specific monitoring solution to help safely increase set points. Cool Shield's software solution monitors data center conditions such as power issues, high temperatures, humidity and water. Our clients are able to ensure that elevated conditions in data centers are known. Data Center Managers have the ability to take the appropriate action before damage occurs.
About Cool Shield Aisle Containment
Cool Shield Aisle Containment Systems feature a comprehensive aisle containment solution used by Data Center Managers. Systems are designed to direct airflow through data center equipment and optimize cooling efficiency of data center equipment. Aisle Containment systems components work together to separate cold air required to cool the equipment from hot exhaust air the equipment forces out. Cool Shield Aisle Containment effectively and efficiently optimizes data center cooling.
Serving customers across North America, Cool Shield has become a sought after data center aisle containment solutions provider. Every Aisle Containment project presents new challenges that require innovative design solutions. Cool Shield has extensive Aisle Containment capabilities and standards.
Custom Aisle Containment Applications
Cool Shield's unique aisle containment channel allows for flexibility in data center configuration. Our channel accommodates demanding specifications and critical site conditions.Learn More
Aisle Containment Products and Accessories
Cool Shield demonstrates expertise in professional data center services. With Cool Shield aisle containment solutions, Data Center Managers gain access to a wide array of products and accessories that improve efficiency and effectiveness of a data center, including:
Top Aisle Containment Industry Brands
As a data center manager, you deserve top industry reliability and support. Cool Shield has committed to developing and maintaining strong relationships with industry leading data center and aisle containment solutions manufacturers. Working with top brands and top producers allows us to offer our clients comprehensive integrated data center solutions. Our solutions maximize power and cooling efficiency in data centers of all sizes.
Contact us today to have one of our experienced Project Managers work with you on your next data center project.
Many of the world’s largest companies trust Cool Shield.