- Single or double hinged, self-closing doors
- Two Panels overlap in the same slide-channel. When top panel is released it will slide down to bottom
- 1” flexible gasket provides seal between containment panels and server cabinets.
- Fusible link or magnetic release holds up top panel.
- Adjustable sized panels fill gaps between containment and shorter cabinets.
- Standard self-closing sliding door. Door opening 84” x 38”. ADA compliant.
- Full-height barrier panels fill gaps in cabinet rows to prevent air leakage.
- Headers can be attached to our standard sliding or hinged doors to extend to the height of the cabinets and/or upper containment.
- The Cool Shield channel can frame several types of clear or opaque panels.
- Overlapping strip doors can attach directly to ceiling panel framing.
- Electromagnets are wired to a junction box. This junction box can go to fire control panel relay or daisy chain to nother junction box.
- Electromagnet holds two light-weight clear panels at the seam.
- Full-length hinges allow panels to swing down into aisle upon release allowing gas or water based suppression to enter the aisle.
- Magnets, wires and junction box feature industry standard 4-pin connectors for simple installation.
- Strips to fill gaps caused by shorter cabinets can be easily cut and attached to lower frame.
- The Cool Shield channel creates a frame around the containment area to affix strips at both top and bottom to prevent air leakage.
- Cool Shield strips have an ASTM E84 Class 1 rating which exceeds data center standards set by NFPA 75.
- Aisle entry Strip Doors attach to lower framework. 12”
wide strips have 3” overlap to maintain air seal.
- Double-hinged doors are self-closing to minimize air loss. Clear panels can be UL94 or FM Global rated.
- Thermally activated ceiling panels melt away and harmlessly fall to ground prior to fire suppression release.
- The Cool Shield channel frames a ceiling at the height of the tallest cabinet. Fixed or adjustable panels extend to tops of shorter cabinets.
- The ceiling frame can be attached to cabinet or suspended from above by attaching to ceiling, strut, rod or beams.
- Self-closing sliding door sized to fully cover server cabinet side panels.
- Fixed solid panels sized from tallest potential cabinet height to ceiling.
- 1” gasket attached to top channel to creates seal to ceiling and allows for tolerance in floor or ceiling level
- Removable strip hangers sized to cabinet width are attached to lower channel.
- Full-height overlapping strip wall maintains the integrity of the containment until cabinets are deployed.
Data Center Aisle Containment Solutions
At Cool Shield, our aisle containment solutions provide customers with a versatile turnkey product in new or existing data centers. Our aisle containment solutions for data centers ranges from a single row in an existing server room to an entire data hall in a new facility. We are experts in aisle containment products and accessories. We also offer professional installation, construction project management and retrofit containment design.
Cool Shield aisle containment system prevents supply and exhaust air from mixing in hot or cold aisle applications.
Data center hot/cold aisle containment is a layout design for server racks and other computing equipment that allows a manager to separate cold airflow (cold aisle containment) from exhaust air (hot aisle containment) coming from hot equipment. By creating a separation a data center manager can maintain a supply temperature that is uniform and predictable.
In a typical data center, significant amounts of energy is used regularly in order to maintain acceptable intake temperatures for data center equipment. In fact, data center cooling is responsible for 50 percent of energy consumption in a data center. The introduction of hot/cold aisle containment has enabled data center managers to experience significant reductions in data center energy costs.Get a Quote
The industry leading Cool Shield Aisle Containment System is a data center solution that is designed to be versatile, efficient, functional and cost effective. At the heart of it lies our proprietary aluminum channel that gives us the flexibility to configure aisle containment in seemingly endless ways to both new and existing data centers
Combined with our other products and services, the Cool Shield Aisle Containment System has allowed us to develop custom solutions for our clients that provides a near complete seal of the aisle containment channels to prevent the mixing of data center supply and exhaust air.Get a Quote
Our proprietary Cool Shield Manager Software is a containment-specific monitoring solution to help safely increase set points. By using our Cool Shield software solution to monitor data center conditions such as power issues, high temperatures, humidity and water, our clients are able to ensure that elevated conditions in data centers are known, and can take the appropriate action potentially before damage occurs.
The Cool Shield Aisle Containment System is a comprehensive solution to manage airflow and optimize cooling efficiency. It consists of hundreds of components that serve to optimize data center cooling infrastructures. Our deep experience, serving hundreds of customers across North America, has enabled us to become a sought-after data-center solutions provider. Every project we have completed has been unique, often presenting new challenges for which we designed innovative solutions that have enabled us to extend the capabilities of our aisle containment product line.
The unique Cool Shield aisle containment channel allows for flexibility in data center configuration in order to accommodate demanding specifications or site conditions.Learn More
While Cool Shield has dmonstrated expertise in professional data center services, we can also provide access to a wide array of products and accessories to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the data center's aisle containment system, including
As a data center manager, you deserve the reliability that you get when you work with top industry brands. As such Cool Shield has committed to developing and maintaining strong relationships with the industry leading data center and aisle containment solutions manufacturers. working with top brands and top producers has consistently allowed us us to offer our clients comprehensive integrated data center solutions that maximize the power and cooling efficiency in data centers of all sizes.
Contact us today to have one of our experienced Project Managers work with you on your next data center project.
Many of the world’s largest companies trust Cool Shield.